Saturday, October 03, 2009

Memories

Bill and I got up early this morning to run with Kingwood Fit. Bill as been telling me that I really need to run with a group for my long runs. Me being me and not listening I usually run alone. But I will admit that I enjoy the company.

It started off a little rough this morning but the run turned into one of my best runs. I could of gone for more miles. But the schedule called for 9. And they were great. With about a mile left to run I started to talk to this lady and we got on the subject of the Run for the Rose. This then got me talking about Shy. I also learned that the lady's husband has a brain tumor.I always want to give words of hope , but find it very hard too. Just the mention of Shy's name makes me cry. I found myself the last mile just wanting to cry, but held it together. I miss my sister so much. And I think of all the things she could of done with her life and how unfair it is. She had so much to offer. I know that life isn't fair, but it still stinks.

After our run Bill and I headed over to REI for the garage sell. I just love that place. And we always find such great deals.

And then the unthinkable happened. We went to eat. As Bill's order came out I saw he had chicken on his pizza. I didn't say anything, just thinking that maybe he had a reason for ordering it. My mistake!! He figured it out after eating it. Sorry. What a great day filled with lots of laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment